Transform boring, basic rice into something extraordinary with the addition of a few fresh ingredients. In this recipe, lime and cilantro are paired to create a classic flavor combination that brings added depth to your dishes. This recipe is a great compliment to the Mexican Shredded Chicken recipe that I shared earlier.
- 3 c. cooked rice*
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. lime zest
- 3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Fluff cooked rice with a fork and stir in fresh lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro until blended. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.
- * Can use white, brown, or jasmine rice. (Brown rice is shown in the images).