For best results, prepare the cilantro-lime sauce the night before you need it to give the flavors a chance to blend. Planning ahead will also save time on those busy nights you want to get dinner on the table as quickly as possible.
Tip: You can also prepare the fajita seasoning in larger batches and store in an airtight container for later use.
- 3 T. chili powder
- 1½ T. smoked paprika
- 2 t. onion powder
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 2 t. sea salt
- 1 c. plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-2 T. homemade fajita seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the fajita seasoning by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and stirring until thoroughly blended. Store any excess in an airtight container for later use.
- Prepare the cilantro-lime sauce by thoroughly combining all ingredients in a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.