I am a huge fan of hot apple cider. I can’t seem to get enough of it while I’m at work. The “twist” with this mulled apple cider recipe is the addition of five-spice powder, rather than classic pumpkin pie spices. It adds a little something special to an already great tasting combination.
One of the best things about this delicious recipe is the warm and wonderful aroma that fills your home every time you make it. It’s a great way to welcome your family home after a long day or to create a cozy atmosphere on a chilly fall or winter weekend afternoon. For added ambiance at your next gathering or get-together, whip up a batch to have quietly simmering in the background – your guests will thank you!
- ½ gallon fresh apple cider
- 1 medium organic orange, sliced
- ½ c. fresh orange juice
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 10-15 whole cloves
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 2 t. five-spice powder
- Fresh orange slices
- whole cinnamon sticks
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7. When finished, remove and discard cinnamon sticks and cooked orange slices.
- Ladle warm cider into large mugs and serve with additional orange slices and fresh cinnamon sticks, if desired.