This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit this page.
Dinner during the week should be fast, easy, and full of flavor! And you all know I am a big fan of quick and easy recipes. You can have this tasty meal on the table in 30 minutes if needed, or you can marinate the steak ahead of time with some olive oil and the dried spices listed below for extra flavor.
For best results, use a three-quarter sized sheet pan for this recipe versus the more common 13” x 18” half sheet pan. This will allow extra room to spread the vegetables out into a single layer without overcrowding while roasting.
- 1½ lb. flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 lb. bag mini sweet peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 2 t. chili powder
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large lime, sliced
- ½ tbsp Fajita seasoning (I use the Badia brand)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Corn tortillas or large lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced flank steak, peppers, red onion, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Generously season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix until everything is well coated.
- Spread the steak and pepper mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and roast in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the steak reaches the desired level of doneness and the peppers are soft and slightly caramelized.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve immediately with diced avocado, corn tortillas, or lettuce wraps for a low-carb option, if desired. Enjoy!
If you can’t find the Badia brand fajita seasoning or want to try and make your own, here’s a great recipe for fajita seasoning.
Have you made sheet pan fajitas before? Let me know if you decide to try this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $9.97Was: $12.99
Price: $9.62Was: $13.99
Price: $14.69Was: $24.99