Each month I share my goals as a way to motivate myself to get things done and stay accountable. Here’s last month’s recap and the next month’s set of goals for my blog, and my personal life.
- Reach 7,500 followers on Instagram. I reached my goal, although it was a little hairy. My follower numbers still seem to fluctuate, but I’m working on maintaining my current followers.
- Have a successful District Queens event. If you missed our event, then you definitely missed a GREAT event (if I do say so myself). We had a great turnout, a fun lipstick bar for the ladies to sample custom lipsticks by Lipp and a local henna artist who created fun hand art on us.
- Resist from eating sugar for at least 30 days. I had the BEST intentions for this sugar detox. However, I started this detox three days prior to my monthly cycle. By day four of the detox I was going through serious sugar cravings and my boss had brought in two boxes of my favorite donuts. I’ve been eating sugar ever since then.
- Go to the gym five days a week. I finally made it back to the gym, just not five days a week. My new office has a really great gym that I tried out last week. They have a nice facility with great machines, so I am working on my workout schedule now for the next month.
I basically was 50/50 for my goals this month and not that great at being consistent at blogging. However, there is a good reason for my lack of consistency. I was prepping a lot of recipes to share in the next coming months and I was working on the editorial calendar I created last year to produce an even better, updated 2018 calendar/blog planner. I was also working on some goal articles to kept myself and you motivated for 2018 and working on a gratitude planner. So even though you haven’t heard from me much, I promise you I’ve been working and great things are in store.
- Reach 8,500 followers on Instagram. I’m at 8,300+, so I am hoping that this next 150 won’t be so hard.
- Work out three days a week. I know my schedule in the coming weeks is BUSY between events and business travel, so I am being more practical and making S.M.A.R.T. goals. Three days a week is totally doable and I’ve got an accountability partner now to keep me motivated and push me on the days I don’t want to go.
- Complete 30 days of the Keto Diet. I’m currently researching meal plans and mentally planning and preparing now. Since I failed at my sugar detox last month and I still want to lower my sugar intake, I have decided to try the Keto Diet this month. I really wanted to start today, however, I have a bunch of food at home that isn’t on the list of “allowable foods” and I hate to waste food. Therefore, I’m shooting for the 4th as my start date. I’ll be blogging about it and sharing recipes, so stay tuned.
- Fully update my 2018 Blog Editorial Calendar/Planner. You can check out this year’s calendar here.
- Draft my personal, professional and blog goals for 2018.
Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
So what goals are you working on for the month?