Each month I share my goals as a way to motivate myself to get things done and stay accountable. Here is last month’s recap and the next month’s set of goals for my blog, and my personal life.
Let me just say that I failed on ALL my goals this month. I spent two weeks in Vegas working a lot of 10 and 12 hour days. And then when I came home all I wanted to do was sleep. My motivation to do anything was pretty much non-existent.
- Reach 7,000 followers on Instagram. I didn’t really post while I was in Vegas due to my busy schedule and just being super tired, so I am shy of this goal by about 300 followers.
- Complete my Emergency Preparedness series. I have about 8 articles planned in the series and didn’t get to complete all of them before I left for Vegas. I did a couple while I was in Vegas which I will recap below and the rest will be coming. I’ll probably spread them out in the next couple months, as some are great for winter emergencies too like snow storms.
- Set an appointment with a financial advisor. Another failure. But I really want to buy a house next year, so I have to come up with a great financial plan.
- Reach 7,500 followers on Instagram. I didn’t make it to 7,000 last month, but this month I am determined to surpass that goal and then some.
- Have a successful District Queens event. Oh yes, if you haven’t heard, the District Queens and I are having our second event, a Sip n Shop. It will be held on October 26th from 6-9 pm in the DC area. The location will be released very soon. So if you are in the DC area, I would LOVE for you to come.
- Resist from eating sugar for at least 30 days. I started my sugar detox yesterday and let’s just say I am struggling. But it’s totally a mental thing. When I tell myself I can’t have something, I ALWAYS crave it more. Today, I woke up craving a cronut. Went to the grocery store, looked the cronut dead in its face, drooled a little (lol) and kept it moving. I can’t tell you how BAD I wanted to just throw a donut in the bag, but I resist. Day 1 down and 29 to go.
- Go to the gym five days a week. I am serious about getting fit before my next birthday. And the last time I wanted to really lose weight, I had to hit the gym five days a week. So, I am setting up my schedule to make the gym 3-4 days during the week and at least 1 day on the weekend. Thankfully I have some girls that are also working on fitness goals, so we’ll be meeting up and working out together.
Here’s what you missed last month.
Hola Amigos – if you’re new to my blog, this is a good place to start
Have you set any goals for the month? Personal or otherwise? I’d love to hear about them. Drop a comment below and tell me what you’re working towards.